2021 New York State
Amateur & Senior Amateur
Mixed Team Championship
Brook-Lea Country Club (Rochester) | June 14
Terms of the Competition
- Gender: The Championship is open to teams consisting of one male and one female amateur golfer.
- Membership: Players must be a member of the NYSGA, defined as either belonging to an NYSGA member club or an NYSGA eClub (NYS residency
- Age: The following age requirements are set for each division:
- Amateur Division: There are no age restrictions to compete in this division.
- Senior Amateur Division: Men and Women at least 55 and 50, respectively, as of June 14, 2021.
- USGA Handicap Index: Players must have an up-to-date USGA Handicap Index issued by their NYSGA member club (no limit).
- Entries: All teams must register online prior to the established deadline (see below). Entries by mail or fax will not be accepted.
- Entry Fee: $225 per team, which includes golf, cart, range, dinner, prizes, and an exclusive tournament player gift.
- Deadline: Entries must be received prior to the deadline (5PM EST on Tuesday, June 1, 2021). Late entries will not be accepted, regardless of reason.
- Refund Policy: A portion of the entry fee, based on the schedule below, will be refunded regardless of reason if the NYSGA is notified (315-471-6979 or via email at email@example.com): Prior to Deadline: Entry fee less $20. After the Deadline: Entry fee less $100.
FIELD SIZE, WAIT LIST, AND HANDICAP REVIEW
- Field Size: 100 players (25 teams in both Championships).
- Wait List Procedure: The field will be comprised of the first 25 teams to register in each Championship. All subsequent teams to register will be placed on a wait list by order of entry.
- Handicap Review: A player must have an active, up-to-date Handicap Index to be eligible for the net competition. Handicaps will be reviewed by NYSGA staff and may be subject to modification or rejection.
CHAMPIONSHIPS, FORMAT, & SCHEDULE
- Championships: 8th NYS Amateur & Senior Amateur Mixed Team Championships
- Format: 18 holes of modified chapman stroke play (see below), gross and net
- Tees: The following tees will be used by each division at Brook-Lea CC
- Amateur Divison: Blue (Men), Gold (Women)
- Senior Amateur Division: White (Men), Green (Women)
CHAPMAN STROKE PLAY
Two players play as partners, each partner plays from the teeing ground and plays the partner's ball for the second shot. After the second shot, partners select the ball with which they wish to score and play that ball alternately to complete the hole. This format is modified on par-3s, so that the decision as to which ball to play alternately must be made after the tee shot.
HANDICAP ALLOWANCES (NET COMPETITION)
The player with the lower Course Handicap is allowed 60% of their Course Handicap. The player with the higher Course Handicap is allowed 40% of their Course Handicap.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS - MONDAY, JUNE 14
11:00am - 12:40pm.....................Registration and Driving Range Opens
12:40pm - 12:45pm.....................Announcements
5:45pm.........................................Player Dinner and Cash Bar
A complimentary dinner will be provided following the conclusion of the tournament. The menu includes 6oz sirloin steak, bone-in roasted chicken, corn on the cob, salt potatoes, salad, rolls, fruit salad, cookies and brownies (cash bar).
Will be open from 11am - 6pm (cash/charge to club).
LOCAL RULES AND TERMS OF THE COMPETITION
Listed below are several important Conditions of Competition and Local Rules for this competition.
- Terms of the Competition: Click here to view online
- Notice to Competitors: Please check your cart for the Notice to Players and NYSGA Hard Card.
- Conforming Clubs and Balls: Visit the USGA website (www.usga.com) for a list of approved golf balls and drivers for the competition.
- One Ball Rule: The “One Ball Rule” will not be in effect.
- Pace of Play: As a shotgun tournament, it is important that players keep in position for the duration of this tournament. Any group that falls out of position will be asked to catch up. Any subsequent warnings may result in a penalty.
The use of a caddie is prohibited.
The use of a golf cart is approved without restriction, payment for which is included in the entry fee.
For a complete listing of NYSGA Championship Policies and Procedures, click here.
BROOK-LEA COUNTRY CLUB
891 Pixley Road, Rochester, NY 14624
Jon Hoecker, PGA
NYSGA CONTACT INFORMATION
CONDITIONS; TERMS; SCHEDULES
The NYSGA reserves the right to amend any of the conditions, terms, or schedules published for this Championship. The decision of the NYSGA in any matter will be final.
To view past results for these Championships, click here.
SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS
Thank you to our valued sponsors! Their support of the NYSGA and our member golf community helps us strengthen our services, member benefits and overall tournament experience.
For more information, click here.